Knitter and New Mum

A keen knitter and stay at home mum of Keira my little angel. I spend my days looking after her, shopping for her, cleaning up after her and in between all of that knitting and cooking and looking after my lovely husband Justin.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

camera trouble


we have camera trouble so stick with me!!!here's an older photo of keira (well 2 weeks ago)

I am struggling with my lace scarf for the scarf exchange, its a joke now about how many times I've started - over 20- has anyone heard of a lifeline and what is it and will it help me!!! I'm losing my sanity over this scarf and I'm determined. i can't even say the simple pattern I'm doing because I slipped up and let my partner know my name in a sign off on one of our friendly emails

on the homefront, hubby in dublin on a p... up ...oops I meant a conference for his work - yeah right! meanwhile I have the baby! he needs a PA though as his credit card/atm card expired the day before he flew out and he didn't receive a new one - hope the bank comes through for him!

dear little keira had her needles today as I was holding her legs down the bottom lip went on and by the second leg she was screaming - it hurts me more than her let me tell you - now she's resting

in the kitchen today we did a white chocolate raspberry loaf for mothers group, mmmmm so yummy!!!!

I hope to be blogging a bit more now that my knitting has resumed, all my tupperware parties are organised for next 2 weeks so I can relax a bit this week till they start.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger NattyChick said…

    Hi Corrie,

    I just wanted to answer your comment on my blog about the life line. You use life lines in lace so that if you make a mistake, you don't have to rip back too far. If your lace is really complicated, some people will put a lifeline in every 6 rows or so. All it is as a piece of yarn (or some people use dental floss) threaded through all of the stitches (like along side of the needle) then you just knit on leaving the strand there. IF you make a really big mistake and need to rip your work, you only have to rip back to that strand and thread the needle through the stitches. Makes for a more stress free lace knit apparently!

    Oh, and you are making my mouth water with all your kitchen prowess. Shame you aren't in Melbourne, I would love to have a tupperware party. (Maybe after our move though! LOL)

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First off, a lifeline.
    When you're up toa bit htat you know is right, thread a strand of different yarn through all the stitches. (Just thread it along under the needle). Then if you make a mistake and need t rip it back, you can just rip it to that row, and thread all the stitches back onto a needle. If you're having trouble on Row 4 every repeat or whatever, thread it every time you finish row 3. (Just an example)

    Baby needles. I am ashamed to admit that I never once took Em for a needle. I made my mum do it. Every time. She had to go into hospital when she was about 11 months and have a drip put in. They missed the vein the first time, and that was it. I was crying harder than she was. I think the doctor wanted to sedate me so he could put the drip in her ;)

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Donyale said…

    I cried more than Kaela when she had hers done and I sent Steve with Hamish cause I couldn't do it again.....

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Good luck with the Tupperware parties.

    I hated taking my 'babies' to get their needles, especially as they get older because they look at you with those big eyes asking 'why'? I always told myself that better this than not getting them immunised and running the risk of them getting real sick.

    Ashley, my youngest had really bad reflux as a baby and was losing weight so he had to have a tube inserted down his throat and be x-rayed when he was only a few months old. I was there on my own and he screamed and I nearly collapsed with the heartache of it all, it was horrible and I still cringe when I think about it. There was nothing wrong with his tummy either so it was all for nothing :(

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Nathalie said…

    A postscript to the lifelines, don't thread your lifeline through your stitch markers if you use them, cause then the st markers will not move up to the next row, but will be "caught".

    Also I wanted to let you know that YArns Online have a lovely shade of Ebony (your colour preference) in Zephyr, although you may not need to buy more yarn right now...

    Also, with the yarn I sent you in the swap, I meant to tell you that if you use a "Russian Join", you wont see the ends as you join in a new ball.
    knittingnatty

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Oh I hate it when my kids have needles too, and yes the pain is worse for us as mothers I think. My 2 kids just had their needles, one is 5 yrs and one is 12 yrs and the 12 yr old panicked and tried to escape from the room. The doctors said that a lot of kids at that age are worse than the little ones, and my stress levels were quite high during that little episode. I am sure that just drinking medicine would be much easier for them, and for us too. I hope your scarf turns out for you too. Happy knitting.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Corrie! Guess you're still really busy but just wanted to let you know I keep checking in.

    Nat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from corriesw. Make your own badge here.

< < Previous | List | Next > >
Powered by RingSurf