Knitter and New Mum

A keen knitter and stay at home mum of Keira my little angel. I spend my days looking after her, shopping for her, cleaning up after her and in between all of that knitting and cooking and looking after my lovely husband Justin.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

this made my day!


wow look what arrived today! I wish my laceswap partner could hear my oohs and ahhs then 'oh my goodness more' as I discovered there was a second pattern and pair of addi's! I've been dying to get my hands on a pair and actually kept checking out a website for them so to receive not one but two pairs! well I'm over the moon! I just love it love it love it! they are going to the front of the knitting queue!!!

it really cheered me up as I had a bad morning!I've only used the creche at the gym a few times and I walked in to collect keira and heard screaming very distressed that sounded like her - sure enough she was and the lady was trying to rock her saying she's tired and she just started crying! I could see and smell that her nappy had leaked everywhere and she was telling me she was tired and needed a feed! I don't think so! I have never heard keira cry like this before and it made me cry! I changed her nappy and she got worse till she got a big cuddle and took about 5 minutes to calm down! I was so mad and upset at the same time I cried the whole way home! She is always such a happy good baby and we don't let her cry much so I walked out saying I'll never put her in there again and luckily was cancelling my membership next month!!!!! ok thanks for listening!

So I get home and there is the wonderful lace swap parcel from knittingnatty that just made my day - ok my month!



oh and now keira's happily playing on her mat and giggling away and there's a photo of us knitting on sunday as keira gets used to her big bed!!!

9 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger NattyChick said…

    Oh, she looks so little in that big bed. So sorry you had a bad day but what a pick-me-up that parcel was hey? I noticed you are in on the scarf exchange too. I just sent off my questionnaire today - I'm quite excited!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous lace wool! Very girlie colour.

    What horrid people are that creche! I would have complained to someone about that..HOW could they not have noticed that her nappy needed changing!?!?

    Thanks for commenting on my blog too! My hubby just rolls his eyes and asks do I REALLY need more yarn when I want to expand my stash lol.

    Katt

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It makes you mad when people tell you whats wrong with your baby - especially when the bleeding obvious is that she needed her nappy changed & her mum. Its ok for you to get emotional - thats called being a great caring Mum. Cant wait to see your scarf.
    Hugs for you. 000

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Donyale said…

    nice haul - looking forward to your progress

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i've no idea what a creche is (like a daycare type o' thing maybe?) i'm sorry that it was sucky, but the lace package does look great! and keira seems content in the big crib.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Ginger_nut said…

    tis a shame some people will do anything to get out of changing a nappy..

    glad your day got better - am enjoying your blog.

    Cheers,
    Ginge

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger metal and knit said…

    your a lucky girl

     
  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said…

    wow, what wonderful goodies! you guys look so sweet in the nursery ;) love that little cardigan below! she looks wondefful

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Oh how horrible for Keira and for you at that creche. Obviously they need staff who realise what they are doing. Luckily the parcel cheered you up a bit. How tiny does Keira look in her cot, they are so sweet at that age. I like the bolero too, it seems nice and easy to make and your mum's cardigan looks so cute on her too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from corriesw. Make your own badge here.

< < Previous | List | Next > >
Powered by RingSurf