Knitter and New Mum

A keen knitter and stay at home mum of Keira my little angel. I spend my days looking after her, shopping for her, cleaning up after her and in between all of that knitting and cooking and looking after my lovely husband Justin.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

sucker for punishment!


Wow, keira and I did it! The city to surf is behind us (photos tmrw!)
The whole race I said I'll never do it again ( I cannot begin to describe the road rage I encountered which was bl**dy ridiculous - every person who walked into my pram abused me, rolled their eyes, told me off, people behind would then tell me off!!!!) but I'm going to try and run it next year and my lovely parents have offered to walk keira with them and I've just signed up to do the 9km bridge run next month - omg I can only run for 10 minutes at the moment so this is a major challenge but I'm up for it! I figure I'll lose more of my keira weight!!!

Today was also a great day as my mum asked me to go to France, yes France on her school trip! she's a french teacher and had a student drop out of her trip so is taking keira and I with her! This will be a major operation with lots of planning to take a 4 month old baby to paris and the south of france but since we are picked up everywhere by coaches and have nice hotels I think we can do it - plus Keira is out and about all day everyday with me so I think we can do it - any tips on travelling with bubs - put them here!!!!!

one blog question - how to add buttons to my blog - I am now in the lace swap, dishcloth (thanks donni saw the button on your blog) and the scarf swap and would love to add buttons to my blog!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Justine said…

    Corrie,for help with the buttons email me at a_westie_abroad@hotmail.com, blogger won't let me leave the html code in a blog comment!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will email you details - about the button. And btw good on you - what a day - the weather was FANTASTIC> Might see you next year.

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    corrie this may help with how to add a button

    http://www.knitblog.com/blogger.html

    You are sooooooo lucky to go to France !!

    you can always take me instead of Keira *lol* ;-)

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow! think of the yarn you can pick up there! French yarn--oo la la!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh that's fantastic (City to Surf completion)I bet you are very happy. Sorry you had a bad experience with a few people. You will get better with every run as you train for next year.

    Awesome news on your France trip! I am very envious. Also - I got your package! I am absolutely thrilled with it thank you so much.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    I saw a picture in my local newspaper about the run and to think that you were taking part, well done. Stuff those selfish, rude people, I thought the whole idea of a fun run was to have fun!!

    I was going to offer my help for the buttons but looks like you will soon have it all sorted :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from corriesw. Make your own badge here.

< < Previous | List | Next > >
Powered by RingSurf