Knitter and New Mum

A keen knitter and stay at home mum of Keira my little angel. I spend my days looking after her, shopping for her, cleaning up after her and in between all of that knitting and cooking and looking after my lovely husband Justin.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

mmmmm white chocolate mud cake


Its 11.30pm and I'm awake -why ????? Well, its hubby's bday on saturday and he needs a cake for work and I am awake waiting for the white chocolate mud cake to cook! this cake is a winner and is iced with a white chocolate ganache and is pure indulgence! I'll photograph tmrw morning, mmmmmm, shame its going to work and not staying here!

its been a busy day organising keira's passport application, exercising, shopping, baking and looking after keira who poked her finger in her eye this morning and realised it hurts!!!

I also bit the bullet and bought some size 12 jeans today realising I won't be back into my size 6 ones for quite some time and I'm sick of my maternity ones! I tried them on with keira in the changeroom who was smiling as my big bottom was near her pram - cheeky girl - yes its big!. My friend was also over yesterday, looked at my wedding photos and said gee you were skinny - thanks - it was only 18 months ago but I really did eat up big when I was pregnant - it might explain why I loved being pregnant so much!

Tonight I started doing the little bolero from debbie bliss baby cashmerino 2 - oh its so cute in a dusty rose colour! I also ordered 8 balls of sugar n cream today in brown, hot pink and marble (I think?) and can't wait till it arrives - perfect for the dishcloth shuffle. I'm still waiting for my laceswap yarn to arrive - I ordered it over 2 weeks ago and getting a little edgy so sent a polite email off enquiring how long it should take - rest of the present is ready just need the most important component.....the yarn!

I might also try to add buttons to my blog tonight! Donni gave me comprehensive instructions that I looked at and put down for another time!!!!

well only 30 minutes left and I'm off to bed - thankfully the cake cools in the pan while I rest!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't be scared. Just do it step by step. It's not so bad

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the cake sounds terrible. and i'm a bit jealous that Keria, who's a wee baby, will have a passport and i (who is NOT a wee baby) do not....

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said…

    Thanks for commenting on my blog :) sounds like Keira is a sweetheart :) happy bday to the DH! and I can't wait to get a peek at that DB Bolero!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Recipe please if you're happy to share.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from corriesw. Make your own badge here.

< < Previous | List | Next > >
Powered by RingSurf