Knitter and New Mum

A keen knitter and stay at home mum of Keira my little angel. I spend my days looking after her, shopping for her, cleaning up after her and in between all of that knitting and cooking and looking after my lovely husband Justin.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

not bad for first effort!



well these are my first attempt at stitch markers and I'm pretty happy with them just need to work on the ends and wrapping them tighter around the top!!! any tips would be appreciated!

I came home today from the gym to find not 1 not 2 but 3 parcels - my wool from ebay- yeah! love them all but not sure on one wool, its opal petticoat 1339 so think they'll be socks to give away - does anyone have a good sock pattern they can recommend!!!!

well keira is resting and I'm about to clean the house, what fun for a wednesday afternoon!

8 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the stitch markers are adorable! i love the little letters--i'll have to keep my eyes open for some here.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, yours look awesome. I am afraid you may be a little disappointed with mine! They are much simpler and only have one bead. Oh well. I have a reference now as to what I can do better - I will just look at your blog and copy!!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    try this link
    http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/socks.php

    your knit lace swapper

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I listed a good sock pattern on my sidebar under free patterns (may be on the "I'm a joiner" Page) - can't remember. Stitch markers look cute

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Corrie - want to have a good laugh, I was looking for sock patterns myself tonight and look what I found - Socks made with Opal Petticoat & a pattern !!!! heres the link
    http://www.tostetoes.com/petticoatsocks.htm

    I love your stitch markers - you did a great job :-)

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Rose Red said…

    ooooh parcels from eBay - my favourite! I might have to have a look for some Opal for myself...If you haven't done socks before you might like to try a simple stocking stitch pattern, you should be able to find heaps on the web - they are not nearly as hard as I thought they'd be. Have fun!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Just found your blog through the lace swap. Your baby is very cute and I think your stitch markers are great.
    It has taken me over 2hrs to go through all the blogs on the list.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger lil rose thorn said…

    Those are cute stitch markers ^_^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from corriesw. Make your own badge here.

< < Previous | List | Next > >
Powered by RingSurf