Knitter and New Mum

A keen knitter and stay at home mum of Keira my little angel. I spend my days looking after her, shopping for her, cleaning up after her and in between all of that knitting and cooking and looking after my lovely husband Justin.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

goodies in the mail!



oh it was another good day for me via the postman! I received this lovely swap from nattychick, I just love the stitch markers with my initials on them and the gorgeous wool and choccies and hand stamped card! its all too good - thank you so much!

then I got my amazon books, wow, they are both so good! The lucinda guy book will def. challenge me but actually so will one skein as never tried felting but want to - one question - does it do bad things to your washing machine???? we have a lovely new one and don't want to damage it????

well its been a busy day with training this morning (we did sprints and something called the beep test !?!?! where you run back and forth and have to make the beep !) I'm exhausted but committed to do bikram tonight so will be pooped tonight! plus poor keira is out of routine today so she will be very pooped too as hasn't slept properly today BUT she did sleep 8pm to 3.30 am today which was the longest ever - good girl!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad it made it to you OK and that you are pleased. We do the beep test at work for physical training. Can be a bit of a killer! You are going great guns with your fitness stuff though well done! I would love to get that One Skein book. I think that will be my next purchase. I am not sure about the effect on the washing machine so I hope someone else can answer that one for you.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Lots of lovely things, you have been very spoilt.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Nora said…

    Hi Corrie. Yep - same yarn but my design (with cable on side). I gave away my boyfriend's jumper, she hadn't gifted me with any yet! I could put up with your gran's one cable - these have cables on cables on bobbles on...

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Nora said…

    Sorry Corrie - me again, wrong pattern! Yes, the veriegated socks are from Jo Sharp Knits.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok - the thing with felting is to get yourself a lingerie bag with very fine mesh - if you know what i mean - and that's what you put your felting stuff in. I chuck the bag in the washing maching with a pair of Hamish's old gum boots, an old pair of steve's jeans, a small dash of dishwashing liquid. Turn the dial to hot wash and we have a pre wash cycle that just washes the stuff but then stops. I find I need to crank this cycle about 5 times to achieve a good result because the first 2 cycles only loosen the threads. You don't add hot water each time, it's already in the machine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from corriesw. Make your own badge here.

< < Previous | List | Next > >
Powered by RingSurf