Knitter and New Mum

A keen knitter and stay at home mum of Keira my little angel. I spend my days looking after her, shopping for her, cleaning up after her and in between all of that knitting and cooking and looking after my lovely husband Justin.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Books, books and more books


Well, this morning I treated myself to 2 new cooking books at the shops which were on sale and then I was reading some blogs and saw the cutest pictures on knitter sue's blog, so I went to amazon and indulged in 3 new knitting books .....which I need like a hole in the head and won't be telling hubby about.

So I got 2 of Lucinda Guy's books, one is how to teach children to knit - I mean keira is only 9 weeks old- I think I'm a bit early and I also got One Skein.

I also took a picture of 2 projects that were meant to be for this winter since I complained I had no jumpers to fit - oh dear - they are still unfinished so maybe this will motivate me - I am so bad at finishing things off!!!!!!

I love the red JET cardi but I'm a silly girl and knitted it as an XXS thinking all my extra weight would just fall off feeding keira, well that hasn't worked so jumper might be for next winter, such a shame as love it!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They both look great and both look like they don't need a GREAT deal to finish them off! Although, I know how much spare time you must have with a new baby! LOL

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Kath said…

    We are in similar positions re books. Don't need any more but can always have more.

    Umm..how about posting that brownie recipe from the other day?

    Kath

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Lisa G said…

    I love the Jet cardi you're doing. What Paton's book is it from?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comments...hope to keep in contact.

    :-)

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Merry Munchkin Designs said…

    I have One Skein myself and LOVE the baby bolero in it!!! I am going to knit it for my new nephew arriving in Oct! I agree, you can never have too many books and the one to teach Keira to knit? If you looked for it in a few years it might be out of print, way smarter to get it now!!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Your jet cardi looks great! Never mind about the size thing - it's fast getting to warm to wear them now this winter. I've worn mine once so far, but nights are still a possibility. :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from corriesw. Make your own badge here.

< < Previous | List | Next > >
Powered by RingSurf